Asset Accounts contain records of assets that you can easily spend to support the congregation’s mission. They include checking and savings accounts, certificates of deposit, and other assets that can be easily converted into cash.
To get the complete picture, you must subtract what you owe (liabilities) from what you own (assets).
- Click on the Settings cog and then select “Chart of Accounts.”
- Scroll down to the Asset section of your Chart of Accounts and then select the “New Account” or “New Category” button.
- Enter in your account name and number (if applicable).
- Check the box to indicate whether or not you wish to print checks from this Asset account.
- Click “Submit” to save your Asset account.
- Click “Save Changes” once you have finished editing your entire Chart of Accounts.