Thank you for reading the Church360 Ledger Year-End Document!
This document is not something you have to complete all at once. It will just take you through all the steps to performing your year end in Church360 Ledger, to make sure your church books get the new year started right.
Throughout this document, there will be links to other articles that will explain how to perform the task that is being described. Click on the link, and it will take you to that article to explain in more depth how you can perform that task.
Update financial Information
Update the information from the past year, including, but not limited to new or inactive accounts, old or inactive payees, or recurring transactions that shouldn’t carry over to the next year.
- How do I edit my church's information and check style?
- How do I add a new account?
- How do I delete an account?
- How do I remove a check that I am not going to print?
- How do I deactivate a payee?
- How do I edit a payee's information?
- How do I edit a recurring transaction?
- How do I delete a recurring transaction?
- How do I delete a user?
- How do I edit a role?
- How do I delete a role?
Enter in all transactions
To have your reports and views as accurate as possible, it is important to enter all deposits, checks, and journal entries for the fiscal year.
- How do I transfer funds?
- How do I deposit funds?
- How do I make a payment?
- How do I write a check?
- How do I make a journal entry?
- How do I add money to a restricted fund?
Reconcile what you can
All previous year transactions do not have to be cleared, but you will want to make sure you've finished your reconciliation for the last month of your fiscal year.
Enter in Budgets
Budgets for the new year can be entered before the end of the current year if you have that information and would like to get ahead.
At the end of the year, if you'd like to have hard copies of any reports to file away for your church, the year end is the right time to do this.
Typically, to make sure you get a full year's worth of information, you would want to run these reports after the calendar year has finished, and you've entered all the data for that year.
- How do I use the General Ledger Report?
- How do I use the Income & Expense report?
- How do I use the Chart of Accounts report?
- How do I use the Balance Sheet report?
You may want to clean-up your logins and review your role permissions to make sure those with access to the database can access what they need and can’t change information they are not responsible for.
Close out the fiscal year
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: Can I enter in transactions for the New year if I have not finished everything for the prior year?
A: Yes, you can. Ledger will recognize the date of the transactions and show them accurately based on date.
October-December 20xx (when ready)
- Enter Budgets for next year
- Enter all transactions
- Delete or deactivate unneeded payees, accounts, and recurring transactions
After January 1, 20xx
- Enter all transactions
- Reconcile for previous year
- Print all necessary reports
- Clean up any extraneous data
- 'Lock' (close) the fiscal year