If you notice that a payment or other transaction is off by a few dollars, you can do a journal entry to make the change to the account information.
Journal entries can be used for all account types.
- Click the “New Transaction” drop-down menu and select “Journal entry.”
- Add the memo (optional).
- Enter the date.
- Select the payee (optional).
- Select your first account and enter the amount.
- Enter your second account and additional accounts you might have.
- If you wish for the journal entry to recur, click the “Make Recurring” button and then enter your recurring information.
- Verify your information in the Debits and Credits sections; then click the “Save” button.
- A message will appear to notify you that your transaction is complete.