Expenses usually include categories such as salaries, materials for church programs, office supplies, postage, and utilities.
Purchases of assets, such as property or equipment, generally are not considered expenses because you are converting a cash asset into a physical asset without really changing your net worth.
- Click on the Settings cog and then select “Chart of Accounts”.
- Scroll down to the Expense section of your Chart of Accounts and then select the “New Account” or “New Category” button.
- Enter in your account name and number (if applicable).
- Click “Submit” to save your Expense account.
- Click “Save Changes” once you have finished editing your entire Chart of Accounts.